Hair Today ...



In Go Get Your Armour and ...The Four Ages of Nicola Jayne I talk a little bit about hair. Hair can be an important part of  defining your  identity,   so  what might seem trivial  to grown adults can take a real significance for someone who is relatively recently transitioned and/or whose social transition began with 'portable' hair being used.

i've been growing my hair  since August 2017 basically, those in my 'ballet family'  will know how it  short it was during those agonising yet  exhilarating  three days on TBR when i was still wearing the mask of 'that boy'.  When I socially transitioned I was wearing a wig, my  first  and second private  Assessments I was wearing a wig...  those who remember  just how warm  June 2018 was will be, perhaps unsurprised that I decided enough was an enough and regardless I abandoned the wig... there are pictures of me from the summer of 2018 which are OK but  my hair is a mess and the crown of the head is also suffering from the effects of 'T poisoning'... so today's hair effort was a bit of a milestone -  another 'actual ballerina'  moment...




An actual proper bun... yes there are stragglers, yes it's not ultra smooth  and tight to the scalp...  but this not  an exam, this is not  auditioning  for a company...
When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be, this is me
Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me

Comments

Popular Posts