A Reflection on transition


Sitting here today something occured to me, it is 1 year (give or take a day) since I filled my first 'cross sex hormone' prescription.

as seen in One year ago... my full time social transition had been in January 2018,  but until I had seen Dr Stuart Lorimer privately in March 2018 i did not have any medical intervention. Following an hour and quarter or so assessment with Stu I had a diagnosis and as I had bloods  taken by my GP as my chosen NHS GIC asks for bloods on  referral, although  by this point I had had the discussion with the GP practice about them having a shared care like arrangement with Gendercare.

So what hash happened in that time ?

My estrogen dosage has been increased in  search of a 'therapeutic' level following  my Endocrinology consultation in June ...  my testosterone levels have been substantially reduced  by virtue of a GnRH analogue...

I've also taken finasteride in the hopes of trying to do something about my head hair,  as can be seen  from the pictures from January 2019 this has had  significant  effect on  the crown of my head even if my hairline at the front hasn't been helped that much (as yet).

I've also lost a load of weight thanks to more hours in the studio and addressing how much and what I ate ...

I've set on a path to Capitalise the I  by taking  more classes   and i've started thinking about what i might want to do as a job for the rest of my working life ...

despite  GIC waiting lists and  their failed  promises   i'm feeling good -  lucky I can afford to see  good clinicians  privately ...

Comments

Popular Posts